A yet untitled project is coming up based on Nintendo's Fire Emblem series starring the Newsboy Legion.
Long ago, there were two kingdoms that lived in piece, Condalia and Kilfer. However, one day, a coup d'etat emerged in Kilfer and the king was murdered, resulting the leader of the coup, a man named Alfonso, become a ruler that governed the kingdom with iron fist. Right after that, he declared that his next step would be invading Condalia. And so, the story begins...
Act 1: The Invasion Edit
The chapter begins with the castle of Condalia being under attack by troops of Kilfer. The princess Marta is ordered to flee the castle with her retainers Laura and Ian. Elsewhere, two young knights named Sergio and Jorge are wandering around looking for something to do, when they encounter Marta, Laura and Ian being ambushed by Kilferian soldiers. After taking them down, Marta explains them her situation and Sergio decides to head back to Condalia's Castle and take it back, much to everyone's suprise.
Despite being a small group, Sergio and his team manage to defeat the soldiers that were holding the castle and rescue the king. As a reward for saving the princess and the castle, Sergio becomes Marta's appointed knight and Jorge his squire. With this recent promotion, Marta announces her next plan: Head to the secluded island of the east and retrieve a legendary sword named Caliburn, hoping that it will be enough to get rid of Alfonso's invasion.
Act 2: To the Island Edit
After making the necessary preparations, Sergio and Marta and their friends head to the harbor so they can find the Caliburn. On the way there, they keep fighting enemy squadrons that are attacking nearby villages, some of them already ransacked by Kilferian soldiers. As soon as they arrive at the harbor, they are informed that it's dangerous to head to the ocean, as reports indicate that pirates are attacking every ship they come across. Guided by his determination, Sergio decides to set sail anyway and they're soon enough attacked by the pirates, leaded by a woman named Silvia.
The pirates are defeated but Silvia survives, but not without demanding to be put out of her misery. She confesses that she decided to form the group of pirates because the Kilferian soldiers ransacked her village and she just wanted to have revenge and attack any ship, whether it was from Kilfer or not. Sergio and Marta convince Silvia to join their group seeing that they have a common enemy and they soon arrive at the island.
Act 3: Caliburn Edit
Meanwhile, Alfonso's counselor Nacht informs him that his invasion is starting to get weaker because of Sergio's influence and also advises him to go after Caliburn so that Sergio's chances of victory disappear.
Sergio's group arrives at the island. Marta explains that the sword is hidden somewhere in the forest, but it's so big that it's easy to get lost. Soon enough, they meet a trio of travelers named Alvaro, Carlos and Luisianna and a male manakete named Dani. Alvaro tells them that Dani's Dragonstone was stolen by Kilfer and they won't give it back unless Dani guides them to where Caliburn is, as he seems to be the Sword's Emissary. One of the three travelers is recruited to attack the Kilferian soldiers that are holding Dani's Dragonstone. Eventually, they defeat the soldiers as well as their commander, and retrieve the Dragonstone.
The other two travelers and Dani join the group and everyone, with Dani's help, traverse the forest to get to Caliburn. Dani, speaking in the name of the sword, informs that Sergio is the only one that can take it out of its resting place, but as soon as it's removed, Alfonso himself shows up with a group of soldiers and demands that they must give him the sword or they will die. Sergio refuses to hand in the sword, however. To this, Alfonso orders his archers to fire at Sergio's group, but suddenly, Caliburn creates a barrier that deflects the arrows. Alfonso decides to flee and orders his soldiers to take out Sergio's group. However, they manage to win.
With the legendary Caliburn in their power, Sergio and his group head back to Condalia, with the intention to head to Kilfer afterwards and put an end to the war.
Act 4: Attack on Kilfer Edit
Sergio and his group march towards Kilfer's castle, as well as free any village that is under Kilfer's control. However, they also encounter undead monsters that are attacking both Condalia and Kilfer named Necrons. In one of the villages, they meet a Mage named Alba, who was one of the survivors of the coup that made Alfonso rise to power, and she joins the team. Meanwhile, Nacht is plotting a trap to get rid of Sergio's group.
When they get near the castle grounds, the group encounters a small bunch of soldiers leaded by Shawn, Alfonso's best commander and his right hand. Marta suggests that, rather than killing Shawn, they should try to capture him instead so that Alfonso has a motive to surrender. While they manage to win and capture Shawn, Nacht's trap is set into motion and an earthquake separates Sergio from his partners.
Act 5: The Emperor of Death Edit
Sergio finds himself alone in a cave after the earthquake, but soon he finds Shawn, who fell into the hole as well. Shawn decides to tell the truth to Sergio: The real mastermind of the coup was Nacht taking advantage of Alfonso's position in the military. She is also responsible of the rise of the Necrons and is planning to revive their leader, a powerful dragon that was defeated by the Caliburn long ago. The two decide to head to Kilfer's Castle and stop Alfonso and Nacht before it's too late.
Meanwhile, Marta and the others are being held captive in Kilfer's Castle, but they manage to break free with the princess' magic. Sergio and Marta soon have a heartwarming reunion and everyone else is told of their next step. However, by the time they arrive, Nacht already has Alfonso at his will, and now the tyrant is just a senseless pawn hell-bent on killing Sergio and his group. Sergio eventually kills Alfonso, as it's the only way his soul can know peace. Alfonso, in his dying words, apologizes to Shawn for not realizing what was happening earlier, and offers the army his axe. Meanwhile, Nacht is done summoning the Emperor of Death.
The Emperor of Death calls for more Necrons to bring chaos to the continent, but after a long fight, Sergio and his group manage to defeat both the Emperor and Nacht, freeing the kingdoms from their yoke.
Depending on what happens, some characters have different outcomes:
- "After the war, Sergio stood by Marta's side. Over the course of time, the two eventually got married and ruled Condalia as king and queen." (Everyone lives)
- "After the war, Sergio stood by Marta's side. Over the course of time, the two eventually got married and ruled Condalia as king and queen. Their first order was to erect a monument in honor of the allies they had bravely fought alongside them, but fell." (Any unit dies)
- "Marta returned to Condalia after the war and was praised alongside Sergio as heroes. Years later, Marta would become queen of the kingdom and would rule with a heart of gold alongside her husband Sergio." (Everyone lives)
- "Marta returned to Condalia after the war and was praised alongside Sergio as heroes. Years later, Marta would become queen of the kingdom and would rule with a heart of gold alongside her husband Sergio. She ordered to erect a monument in memory of her fallen allies." (Any unit dies)
- "When Sergio and Marta got married, Jorge became part of the personal guard of the Royal Family. Despite Laura's harsh attitute towards him in the past, he eventually managed to make her blurt out a love confession and the two got married afterwards." (Laura survives)
- "Despite the loss of the woman he loved, Jorge was happy and continued on his life as Sergio's personal guard." (Laura dies)
- "Laura continued her work as Marta's retainer, but she eventually became part of the Royal Family's personal guard. Due to Jorge's insistance, she eventually gave in and confessed her love to him, and they got married afterwards." (Jorge survives)
- "Laura became part of the Royal Family's personal guard, but she never fell in love with any man. She often regrets not being able to confess her love to the only man that she loved when she still had the chance." (Jorge dies)
- "Ian continued his work as Marta's retainer. He would later on become captain of the Royal Family's personal guard, a group of elite soldiers tasked to protect Sergio and Marta"
- "Silvia returned to her ruined village and rebuilt it on her own. Despite her hatred towards Kilfer, she gladly accepted Shawn's marriage proposal."
- "Dani would become Sergio and Marta's advisor after the war and their ascension to the throne. However, as he aged slower than the rest of his friends he watched them pass away, one by one. When only he remained, Dani went back to the island where Caliburn resided and went into an eternal slumber."
- "Alvaro and his friends left continued their travels after the war, but would return from time to time to check on their friends, or to help them deal with brigands." (Carlos and Luisianna survive)
- "The loss of his friends changed Alvaro completely. He became a criminal and started to rob villagers. Rumors say that he was eventually caught and put into justice." (Carlos, Luisianna or both die)
- "Carlos continued travelling the world with Alvaro and Luisianna, but would often return to help the recently crowned king and queen to help in any way" (Alvaro and Luisianna survive)
- "Losing his friends saddened Carlos, but he tried to move on and continue his life, hoping that they would see him and feel proud for him." (Alvaro, Luisianna or both die)
- "Luisianna continued travelling the world with Alvaro and Carlos. The three would find themselves into many risky situations due to Alvaro and Carlos' impulsiveness, but they always managed to pull through" (Alvaro and Carlos survive)
- "People say the day that her friends died was the day Luisianna's characteristic optimism faded. Losing her friends deeply devastated her and she simply disappeared without a trace." (Alvaro, Carlos or both die)
- "Alba continued her studies in magic after the war and eventually became Shawn's advisor by his request."
- "Shawn, because of his noble title, was requested to become the new king of Kilfer after Alfonso's death. He eventually accepted the request and ruled the kingdom with a great sense of justice. Of course, he would not forget what Sergio and Marta did for him, and as a result, the peace between both kingdoms was strengthened."
In order of recruitment
- Sergio: A wandering knight for hire that becomes Marta's appointed knight and leader of the army that fights back Kilfer's invasion. Mercenary -> Hero
- Marta: The princess of Condalia and second in command of the liberating army. Mage -> Condalian Princess
- Jorge: Sergio's best friend and traveling partner. Becomes Sergio's squire after saving Condalia's Castle. Fighter -> Squire
- Laura: One of Marta's retainers trained to be a maid. Finds everything boring. Maid
- Ian: A Pegasus Knight and one of Marta's retainers. He's devoted to protect his master and the rest of the kingdom. Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight -> Wyvern Knight
- Silvia: Leader of a group of pirates that seek revenge after their village was attacked by Kilfer. Archer -> Sniper
- Dani: A manakete that can hear the sword Caliburn's voice and the only one that knows its exact location. Manakete
- Alvaro: The eccentric leader of a trio of travelers. Thief -> Assassin/Rogue
- Carlos: Alvaro's best friend and traveling partner. He usually goes "punch first, ask questions later". Oni Savage -> Blacksmith
- Luisianna: A dancer that travels with Alvaro and Carlos. She often has to intervene and act as their voice of reason. Dancer
- Alba: A talented mage that managed to escape during the coup d'etat leaded by Alfonso. She seems to have a connection with Nacht. Monk -> Bishop
- Shawn: A nobleman from Kilfer that is one of Alfonso's best commanders, but knows the truth behind Kilfer's invasion. He always wears a black mask that covers his eyes during battle. Kilferian Lord
There are two extra recruitable characters
- Thirteen: The soul of a legendary soldier that possessed an empty armor. Bow Knight
- Maika: A girl that lost her sight after an accident. Roams the world seeking a cure. Witch
- Alfonso: The tyrant that rules on Kilfer after taking the throne in a coup d'etat
- Nacht: Alfonso's counselor and the mastermind behind the coup
- Necrons: A neutral army of undead monsters that are causing chaos in both Condalia and Kilfer